From Habari Project
This page provides a hub for resources that will be useful for coding Habari's core.
It's strongly encouraged that features should be added through plugins if possible. If you're interested in extending Habari without changing core functionality, see the developer hub page.
If want to contribute to core, try the open issues on the issue tracker, Trac, where you'll find lots of issues that need addressing. Tackle anything that takes your interest. You'll get the most out of it if you engage with the other developers. You should definitely join the developer mailing list. Also, most of the developers spend a lot of time on IRC, and talking through development there is recommended (and likely to be fun).
There are certain concepts about developing for Habari that you should know before you embark on the journey.
- Coding Standards: Generally accepted practice of formatting code within the project.
- CSS Coding Standards: Generally accepted CSS practices within the project.
- Debugging Tips: Some tips for getting started with debugging in Habari.
Understanding some important features of Habari will better prepare you to contribute quality code.
- Models : How to access model data.
- Schema : Habari's data model.
- Handlers : An overview of Habari's handlers.
- Rewrite Rules : How Habari rewrites URLs.
- Taxonomy : Habari's system for describing relationships.
- Access Control Lists : Habari's user, groups, and permissions system.