Habari Party 2009
From Habari Project
We're having our first-ever community gathering Saturday, September 12 in Columbus, Ohio. All are welcome.
Downtown Technology Center (click for map and directions)
423 E. Town Street
Schedule of events
Informal meet-and-greet at skippy's house, starting around 6:30 PM. Contact him for directions.
The Downtown Technology Center has two conference rooms: one large, and one small. We can have sessions running concurrently in each room, so that attendees can participate in the discussions most interesting to them. There is a lounge, and ample free space for ad-hoc discussions as they arise.
The morning is geared toward current Habari users and contributors, but sessions should be general enough for people who are interested and not yet involved. More technical content is likely to be presented in the morning.
- 9:30 - 10 AM: Welcome and introductions
- 10 - 10:30 AM: Session 1
- 10:30 - 10:45 AM: BREAK
- 10:45 - 11:15 AM: Session 2
- Future Of Habari: The Roadmap to 2.0 -- A planning session to talk about where we are, what's next, and how to sustain the project
- 11:15 - 11:30 AM: BREAK
- 11:30 - 12 PM: Session 3
Lunch is on your own, from noon to 1:30 PM. There's a variety of options nearby: http://pastoid.com/bwy+
The afternoon is geared toward people curious about Habari, but not yet using it. The content is likely to be less technical.
- 1:30 - 2:00 PM: Session 4
- "Ignite" style sessions. Sign-up will be first-come first served. Each person who signs up will give a 5 minute presentation about a topic of their choice. The only rules are A) You are limited to 5 minutes and B) The topic should not be Habari related.
- 2:00 - 2:15 PM: BREAK
- 2:15 - 2:45 PM: Session 5
- "The Habari Philosophy" - skippy will share some history of the project, including original motivations, as well as some of the things that influence decision making with the Habari community
- 2:45 - 3:00 PM: BREAK
- 3:00 - 3:30 PM: Session 6
- "Contributing to the Community for Non-Coders" - Morydd will present ways for everybody to get involved with Habari, most without writing a single line of code.
- 3:30 - 4 PM: Closing and wrap-up
Other sessions to follow, focused on growing the user base and community.
After discussions wrap up Saturday afternoon, we will retire to a local watering hole for drinks and food. The most likely destination will be the Surly Girl Saloon.
Informal gatherings, venue(s) to be determined on Saturday.
Please reply to the google group thread