Installation with MAMP
From Habari Project
This is a dedicated guide for installing Habari on Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard). It should work with other versions of OS X, but has not been tested. There are multiple ways to install Habari on OS X, but the easiest method is using the third-party MAMP tool.
- Download the latest version of MAMP.
- Mount the MAMP disk image.
- Drag the MAMP folder from the disk into your Applications folder.
- Install the MAMP widget from the Applications/MAMP folder.
- Download the latest version of Habari.
- Unzip the download and drag all the contained files into the htdocs folder of MAMP:
- Launch the MAMP application.
- If all servers are not yet activated, click "Start Servers" to activate them.
- Navigate your web browser to http://localhost:8888/phpMyAdmin/.
- In the "Create new database" field, type a name for your database, and click create.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8888/, and complete the Installation.
localhostas the database host.
rootas the database username.
rootas the database password.
- Enter the name you entered in step 4 as the database name.
You should now have a working Habari installation ready for use.