From Habari Project
Welcome to Habari Version 0.9!
This release of Habari from November 20, 2012 contains major improvements and feature changes. You should read the Upgrading page before you upgrade.
There were more than 600 commits and more than 100 issues were closed for the 0.9 milestone.
- Removed support for PHP 5.2. Habari's minimum supported version is now 5.3.3.
- Performance improvements though reducing database calls. #225
- As Viddler is no longer a free service, the Viddler Silo plugin is no longer included. It can now be found in its own repository in habari-extras. #369
- Admin Dashboard Modules are now Blocks, just like those used by themes. See the upgrading notes for consequences of this. #386
No known security issues were reported in this release cycle.
- Fixed the issue that users were able to see menu links to edit content they didn't have permission to edit. #283
- Sudo for admin to masquerade as another user fixed. #358
- Do not allow the undelete plugin to save posts created by a user being deleted. 39443b7 fixes #253.
- Fix bug when merging tags that could lead to losing tags. e1684de49 d7dcfec1d7.
- Improved caching.
- Improved translations.
- Introduced shortcodes. 7dcb3434.
- Included a responsive theme, Wazi.
- Better automated installation. Habari now can be easily deployed to the cloud. 8acb763f, d5207bb0, and e8c19f87.
- HTML5 comment form #273.
- An experimental Menus plugin is included.
- The version of jQuery packaged with Habari has been upgraded to the 1.8 series #343.
See the upgrading page.
Many bug fixes and improvements have been made since the last release, but as with any piece of software issues and enhancement requests remain. For full details see Habari's change management system.
These release notes were compiled by the Habari Community.
On behalf of the community, we give our warmest thanks to the developers and contributors who made this Habari release possible.