From Habari Project
Welcome to Habari Version 0.5!
This latest release of Habari contains some major improvements and feature changes.
- There is a new administrative interface, lovingly named Monolith
- Several translations are being shipped with Habari. These include the default English, as well as Danish, German, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese
- We now include three themes in the download
- In addition to using MySQL and SQLite, you now have the choice of using PostgreSQL as your backend database
- Session handling has been improved
- Limited UTF8 support has been added
- There are importers for both WordPress and Serendipity
- Improved SQLite security out of the box
- Habari's form creation interface has been revamped, allowing for more customization of forms by plugins and creating an infrastructure for creating new content types.
Close to 300 bug fixes and improvements have been made since the last release, but many are still listed on trac. Many of these involve working with multibyte characters.
These release notes were compiled by the Habari Community.
On behalf of the community, we give our warmest thanks to the developers and contributors who made this Habari release possible.