From Habari Project
I am working as Technical Author employed at B&R.
In my freetime I help other people with their web sites. I tried some CMS and blogging software. In the middle of 2009 I tried Habari and I like it :-).
Some notes ...
Localization, Translation, Internationalization
At the moment I am localizing Habari to "formal German" (using the pronoun "Sie" instead of the informal "Du"). Testing is done on helpy.de.
Some links to "PHP & Internationalization":
- Internationalisation and my PHP Development Infrastructure
- Internationalization in PHP 5.3
- Localizing PHP web sites using gettext
- Internationalization and Localization (PHP Cookbook - O'Reilly)
- Internationalisation Tips
Some links on w3.org:
- Localization vs. Internationalization
- International & multilingual web sites
- Monolingual vs. multilingual Web sites
- Internationalization Quick Tips for the Web
- Introducing Character Sets and Encodings
- Language on the Web
- Language tags in HTML and XML