From Habari Project
Welcome to Habari Version 0.9!
This latest release of Habari contains security fixes, major improvements, and feature changes. You should read the Upgrading page before you upgrade.
There were more than 600 commits and more than issues were closed for the 0.9 milestone.
- Removed support for PHP 5.2. Habari's minimum supported version is now 5.3.3.
- Performance improvements though reducing database calls. #225
- As Viddler is no longer a free service, the Viddler Silo plugin is no longer included. It can now be found in its own repository in habari-extras. #369
No known security issues were reported in this release cycle.
- Users do not see menu links for content they cannot edit or create (commit?)
- Sudo for admin to masquerade as another user fixed. #358
- Improved caching.
- Included a responsive theme.
- Better automated installation. Habari now can be easily deployed to the cloud. 8acb763f, d5207bb0, and e8c19f87.
- HTML5 comment form #273.
- An experimental Menus plugin is included.
- Admin Dashboard Modules are now Blocks, just like those used by themes #386.
- The version of jQuery packaged with Habari has been upgraded to the 1.8 series #343.
Many bug fixes and improvements have been made since the last release, but as with any piece of software issues and enhancement requests remain. For full details see Habari's change management system.
These release notes were compiled by the Habari Community.
On behalf of the community, we give our warmest thanks to the developers and contributors who made this Habari release possible.